Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanksgiving is coming...

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, (I can't believe 2010 is nearly over already!) I am reminded of things that I am thankful for. I think many of us think along these lines at this time of year (I hope so anyway) but oftentimes I fail to truly thank God for all the many blessings in my life. And, to thank those in my life for the many blessings they provide.

I am thankful for God, in all His infinate wisdom and power...for sending his one and only son to die for ME!

I am thankful that I live in the United States. That I was given the freedom to worship God and have the freedom that so many military men and women have died to help provide. That this country still stands on the principles that God provides, through His Word.

I am thankful for the husband that God gave me. That I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we were meant for eachother! I love my husband.

I am thankful for how my husband treats me. He helps out around the house, he puts laundry away, he's not afraid to do the dishes, he's not perfect...but, he's perfect for me!

I am thankful Josh. I am thankful for the sensitive, charming, blessing that he is in my life. When I look in his eyes, I am reminded of the great responsibility that God has given me. I love my boy.

I am thankful for Lace. I am thankful that she accepted me, with open arms, and we never had the stereotypical "step" relationship. She has grown into a beautiful woman, inside and out. I love Lace.

I am thankful for Julian. I am thankful that he is such a perfect fit for Lace. They are such a great match. I am thankful that they found eachother and that he didn't let us run him off when they were teenagers!

I am thankful for Cami. I am thankful for that second chance at being a mom. When I thought I'd never have that 2nd chance, Cami came along! I look forward to every growing moment with her. She blesses our lives, daily. I love my princess.

I am thankful for my Gram. My dad's mom, who I lived with for a while as a young child. I am so very close to my Gram. I am so thankful to have her in my life, to learn from, to visit with, to confide in. I love my Gram.

I am thankful for my parents. I wasn't raised in a Christian, church-going family. I always knew about God. I always knew that my parents did their best for me. Eventhough my mom and dad were divorced, they always thought of me first. I never had to wonder who my dad was or whether they loved me or not. They weren't perfect, but I was made for them and I love them!

I am thankful for my husband's family. I just love them! Their whole family is just awesome!

I am thankful for my siblings...Lauren, Jamie, Jason & Cody. Lauren, I never imagined I'd share the relationship with her that I do...she is truly a blessing in my life. Jamie, we were pretty close when we were little...not so much since we've grown up...but I am still thankful for my older brother! Jason, my baby brother...I love that boy and am so thankful he's mine! And Cody...we were only a part of eachother's lives for about 8 or 9 years, then we lost contact until recently...I am so thankful to have found him again! I love them all!!


I am thankful for great friends. Tonia, who has been my best friend since high school...we have, literally, seen eachother through thick and thin...I love Tonia! Emily, who I vent to, confide in, share crazy job stories with, and just enjoy being with! Buffy, who I know I can call on anytime I need to pray or a 'pick me up', she's a blast to be with too! I can't name everyone...but I love and thank God for good friends!

I am thankful for all of the kids in my life...my kids at work, the kids we've had at work in the past...Christopher, Hailey, Erika, Justin, Devin, Sophia, Letty, Shelby, Erin, John, Dylan, Andy, Sean, James, just to name a few!

I am thankful for my job. I never thought I would be able to work with my husband, but it works. Knowing that we are doing God's work, makes it that much better. Without God, we couldn't do it. We love our kids, our co-workers and the ministry that we are a part of at "The Hill"!

I am thankful that through my job, my kids get the privilege of a Christian, private school education. This, is invaluable to me! A huge blessing in our lives, something I hope will enrich their lives for years to come.

I am thankful for modern technology...the automobile, electric stove, oven, microwave, washer, dryer, HDTV, TiVo, water filter, electric coffee pot, cell phones, text messaging, computer, internet, etc...all the simplicities we typically take for granted these days.

I am thankful for the gift of forgiveness. It mends hearts...of those giving and recieving forgiveness...it is truly a God given thing!

I am thankful for the grace that God shows me daily.

I am thankful for my health and the good health of my family.

Oh my goodness...I am overwhelmed by everything I am thankful for! This is only a fraction of the things flowing through my heart of the thing that I feel I should thank God for. But, I need to get off here...so I should end now.

No comments:

Post a Comment