Thursday, October 14, 2010

Answered Prayers...and other thoughts

Do you ever wonder how God chooses what prayers He is going to answer, when and how? I do.

I try not to be selfish when I pray. But we all pray the "God please will you..." prayers. I make sure that I truly thank God for everything in my life. Some days I mean this more than others, but I think it is very important that we whole-heartedly thank God for the life He has given us.

This brings me to my last blog post. I got on here today because I haven't blogged in a long time. Almost a month, to be exact. What's funny is that I got on here to blog in reference to an answered prayer. A constant prayer that I've prayed for many years. Something I've cried out to God about. When I re-read my last blog, I noticed that I had mentioned this very request! A very important part of my prayer was answered yesterday! A big, bold burst of God's voice spoke in my life. As I said in my previous post, I am not at a point in my life to share with the world as it is a very tender topic to me. However, I am getting there. If you are close to me, feel free to ask me about it...I just might share. God deserves the credit here, not me or anyone else!

Other than that...well, life has been pretty hectic. We made it through Homecoming...it was so fun! We had our very first Homecoming Dance, here at school. It was so fun...and ALL of the kids behaved themselves. It is awesome to see all of the changes taking place here. John and I are very blessed to still be a very active part of Happy Hill Farm Acadamy. We truly love our jobs and the entire work that God does here.

Things are looking up for Josh. He's still having some struggles with his grades, I have a feeling that school will always be a struggle for him...a constant prayer that we will have, I'm sure! This boy of mine has always had a mind of his own..."Strong-Willed" is what James Dobson calls it! lol I'd say that is an understatement to anyone who truly lives with one of these special children! We had a really good talk the other day, a really good heart-to-heart. I can tell that he is really trying...and we are doing our part.

Parenting is hard sometimes. That is an area that I am not used to handing over to God. I am working on that. God gave these children to us, he trusts us with them...that's the key. I am dedicated to trying to make God proud of how we raise His children. A difficult concept, sometimes. I think it's a little easier with our little ones'. It's much easier for me to look at the sweet, innocent face of a baby or toddler and just know that God has blessed you with that child. That sweet, innocence diminishes over time. Then, at least for me, I took over more control and quit handing it over to God. I couldn't be more wrong! No matter their age, they were God's to begin with and they still are. We are simply entrusted, by God, to bring them up into Godly men and women. That is our jobs...one of our most important jobs. Thank you, God, for trusting me enough to bless me with kiddos to raise and minister to.

To end my blog today, I'm going to copy down they lyrics to a song that has spoke to my heart today...quite often lately...I hope it can bless someone else too:

WHAT FAITH CAN DO
Kutless

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it's more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don't you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the siver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That's what faith can do)
When the world says you can't
It'll tell them that you can!

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do
That's what faith can do

Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strenght to rise

No comments:

Post a Comment