Monday, July 19, 2010

Family fun and random thoughts...

Since we work where we work and on the schedule that we're on (4 days on 2 days off), our days off are different every week. I love it!

A few days ago, we went to the beach at Lake Granbury, the kids played in the sand, played football and just had fun. It's funny the things you enjoy as a child and then as an adult. I don't remember ever being bothered by flies as a young child, now they drive me insane! It didn't bother me to have my feet covered in sand, now I can't stand it! The heat definately didn't bother me as a child, we would play outside for hours as children. Now, as an adult (and a mom) I am aware of such different things. I am a people watcher. I've learned some good tips from watching others, I've also realized what not to do by watching people! So, back to the beach...here are just a couple of pics from that day...






I love my kids...I know all parents say that, but I really love my kids. Sometimes I just watch them and wonder so many things...what they will be like as a teenager (I'm learning that with Josh now), what they will want to be when they grow up (Josh says a Police Officer, like his Brother in Law), who they will marry, and what their kids will look like! I guess this is just something parents think? I don't know, I just cherish my family and I thank God for them every day.

I am a step parent. It is a hard job, in some ways it is harder than parenting your own children. You know that these kids aren't yours, yet you must treat them as if they are. Loving them isn't always immediate, but you learn to love them and eventually you love them unconditionally, as if they were your own. I have 3 step children...Christopher, Hailey and Lace...they are all very special to me. My heart doesn't play favorites or distinguish the differences. To me, it is similar to having a biological child and an adopted child. I had 2 step children before I even became a biological mom. I have my Josh and then I inherited Lace, my other step child...though I never use that term, to me, they are all just some of my kids! When we adopted Cami, I realized that the love and devotion that I have for is no different than it is for any of the rest of my kids! I think God blesses a step parent with a different kind of patience and ability to love, maybe not, but I don't think our human nature just accepts other people's kids and loves them as if they were our own? God has blessed me with incredible kids...all of them...Christopher, Hailey, Josh, Lace and Cami (and our other child, that we inherited...Lace's best friend, Erika)! If any of you are reading this, I love you all very much...I pray for you all every day and I feel very blessed that God chose to put us in eachothers' lives!

*Side note: Lace gave me the best Mother's Day gift this year...a charm bracelet with a charm representing each of my kids: Christopher, Hailey, Josh, Lace, Cami and Erika*

I love my husband...I suppose not all wifes say that, but I really love my husband. We were both married before, so we had that "practice run", we both like to say! That experience really showed us what not to do in another relationship, and what not to tolerate! Typically, divorces aren't 100% one persons' fault, both parties contribute to the misery...we've learned from our part of our past mistakes. We don't communicate as well as we should at times, but that is our biggest problem! Sometimes we just assume that the other person knows what's going on. My husband isn't the most romantic guy around, but he's perfect for me. There is not doubt in my mind that God intended for us to find one another. He has been the perfect match for me in every way...he has helped me work through so many issues, he has loved me unconditionally, he prays for me and for us daily, he is sensitive (don't tell him I said that...lol), he is athletic, he is understanding, he is funny, he is the most awesome dad...and you can't tell who is "his, mine or ours"...he treats everyone equally...that is something special!

We went swimming last night, at the pool here on the Farm. We were off, so we were down there by ourselves. There were wasps everywhere! Josh & John decided they were going to kill them. So, they beat the wasps in the water with our swimming noodles! It was ridiculous. They killed at least a dozen or two. I guess you had to be there...it was really funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment