Saturday, July 17, 2010

New to this!

Okay...so, I've done the "social sites" and all, but I've never blogged before. Here we go...

We are off for the next 2 days...Saturday AND Sunday, doesn't happen too often! I think we'll just be lazy, since we're planning our vacation, to Tennessee in about 10 days. John's brother is getting married there, so what a better reason for a family vacation? Since we work the schedule that we do (4 days on, 2 days off, and we have frequent 'breaks' in addition to those off days) we try to take mini vacations several times per year. Can I just take this time to say how I love my job? Really, I do!!

John and Josh are watching Avatar right now and Cami is sleeping (Lace & Julian bought it for him this past weekend). I have been told by numerous people that this movie is fabulous! I disagree. I tried and tried to 'get into it', and just couldn't. I'm just not a sci-fi fan, I guess. Now, Eclipse...I can't wait...haven't seen it yet.

Josh is now in the 'interested in girls' stage of life! Am I thrilled? NO! He will always be my baby boy, no matter how many girls come along. It just baffles me that he's old enough to like girls...it seems like it was just last week that I brought him home from the hospital (well, in some ways)! We are taking him and his little 'girlfriend', Claire, to a Ranger's baseball game next Friday...pics to come. He gets irritated with me when I take pics of him...WOW, I am definately the mother of a Teenager...Ahhhh! No matter how old he gets (or how interested in girls he is), my baby he'll always be, regardless of what he says!



Now, Cami is a whole other story. If two kids could be any more different, it's these two! Cami must be intertained at all times. She is very head strong and opinionated. We are working on her 'attitude' right now. Or I guess I should say, modifying her 'attitude'! We have been living amongst teenagers for a little over 2 years now and some of the negativities have rubbed off on her. We are making it though, and we're seeing improvements...no matter how small they are at a time, we'll take it! School time is quickly approaching, she stars Kindergarden in August. It's funny...I cried when Josh started school (and so did he). I doubt I'll cry when Cami starts school. Not because I'm not a little sad that she's growing up, but because she needs to go to school. She is the smartest thing, she can figure anything out and I no longer challenge her. As a matter of fact, she often tells me that she is 'bored'. Off to school we go...soon!



Last, but certainly not least...Lace & Julian. See, when you get married you both get put into a together catagory! It's not just Lace, our daughter anymore. It's Lace and Julian. They are awesome, and not just because they're ours. They are truly remarkable people. Lace works her little rear-end off no matter what job she has. She gets her work ethic from her daddy, for sure! There is no way I'd tolerate half of what they do, but that's another blog. Julian, WOW...we've had our moments! Now, correct me if I'm wrong, parents out there...no one is good enough for your kids, when they are of dating age. Especially the first child. Poor thing, we picked Julian's flaws apart back in their early days. He could do nothing right! But, he eventually won us over...and he makes us very proud now! He is a Police Officer, fulfilling his dream! Now, we can't wait for Bonilla/Minder babies!!



I guess that's enough for tonight...really, I guess it's just a background/history type lesson on US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment