Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just visiting...

We had a special visitor today. Devin, one of the girls that lived in our residence for the past year, she graduated this past May. Devin has been talking about visiting for a while now, but finally came out today for a little bit. Cami tried with all her might to dominate every bit of Devin's time while she was here! Cami misses having girls around, sometimes. So, we gave into her a little. We had a Tea Party...Cami LOVES having tea parties! She sets the table with her porcelain dishes, finds some sort of small snack and pours whatever liquid she sees fit! Today, we had chocolate covered pretzels, an oreo cookie and strawberry lemonade Crystal Light! What a combination! When Cami 'hosts' these tea parties, she insists on having these conversations that totally revolve around her, of course! Devin and I sat there, participated with her and had our little tea party...but we were really ready to have conversations of our own!! Devin and I finally got the chance to 'catch up' and spent a couple hours together, I really enjoyed her visit!



I try to get pictures of my kids, just random pictures. But, they hate taking pictures most of the time. I pull out the camera and they disappear, I hate it. Josh is becoming so social that he's not around as much as Cami is, and of course he's 'older' so I don't get the opportunity to take his pictures as often as I did when he was younger. I just love taking pictures of them...I love capturing those moments in time of them. So, for the time being, I will have to take what I get and sometimes I'll have to just explain the nasty looks they give while mom is 'forcing' them into taking pictures. I am such a mean mom!







We are leaving for Tennessee soon. We'll be staying in a cabin in the mountains. I really hope to get some good pictures while we're there. We will be seeing lots of family and friends, so we hope to come back with pics to share! We'll be visiting another one of the girls that graduated this year, Sophia...we hope anyway. We are staying with her parents in Memphis, on our way to Gatlinburg, TN. Sophia is leaving for college a few days before we arrive, so we're not sure if we'll get the chance to visit with her or not?

Vacation...we are SO ready for you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures Jenn! I miss you guys and hopefully we can come see you soon... Once we get a new car! I love you and can't believe how big Josh and Cami are getting! Time flies! Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete