Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Fun...

I am SO glad Summer is over! That is, until it gets TOO cold...then I'll change my mind.

Since we work where we do, our individual time with our own children is a little different than the ordinary family. In some ways, it's better and in other ways, it's not so wonderful. But, we love our job and the way it all manages to work together...most days!

I have about 2 1/2 hours every afternoon that I get to spend alone with Cami. Unfortunately, she tends to be a little cranky at this time. I can't let her nap, or else she won't sleep at night. So, I just deal with and love my cranky little girl every afternoon! I am trying to figure out some creative, fun things to do with her on these days. Today, we make hot chocolate and topped it with colorful marshmallows! She had fun, but it was only a project...she didn't like the drink. I'm not too disappointed, since I'm really trying to get her back into the healty habit of eating good. When she was really young, I was so particular about what she ate. Lucky for me, she's not too bad about junk as it is...thank God!

We took all of the kids to the park this past Saturday. We had a lot of fun. Josh and the rest of the boys played football with some other kids that were hanging out there. I took pics of the boys playing, but I am not allowed to post pics of our 'farm' kids on the internet. Cami and I played around, I swung her on the tire swing, we piled up leaves, then Cami picked them all up and tossed them in the air!!





We had Josh's 13th birthday party last weekend. I cannot believe my little boy is 13 years old! We had planned to take him to ride go-carts, but it rained. So, we went to Main Event. We played Laser Tag and all sorts of other games. He brought a friend with him, so he and his friend went and did 'their thing' and played around most of the day. I really enjoy the time I get with Josh. These days, he doesn't enjoy just hanging out with Mom and Dad too much. Luckily, he doesn't think we're complete idiots (yet). I wish I could rewind time with him. I feel like so much time has just literally flown by. I love and adore my little boy. I love how beautiful his piercing blue eyes are. I love his genuine smile, it melts my heart. I love how he still has no problem hugging and kissing his Mom and Dad goodnight, every night. I love how tenderhearted he is. I love that he accepted Christ into his heart at the young age of 6. I love his eagerness to be good and kind. I pray for many things for his life. I pray that he will succeed in school. I pray for him to excel in whatever he chooses to do after High School. I pray that he will grow up to be an honest, loving, kindhearted, God-loving, God-seeking man. I pray that he will fall in love with a Christian girl. I pray for his future wife. I pray for his future child(ren). I pray that we never part ways while here on this earth. I pray that we will always be close. I love my boy and am so thankful that God chose me to be his Mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment